Avoca Tank Project - Project Profile
Client: Tritton Resources Pty Ltd
Industry: Metalliferous Mining
Local Government Area: Bogan
The Avoca Tank Project comprises a single underground mine, located 7km northwest of the village of Girilambone in the central west of NSW. The mine will supply copper-gold-silver ore to the existing processing plant at the Applicant’s Tritton Copper Mine, located approximately 24km southwest of the Avoca Tank Mine Site.
Once constructed, the mine will comprise the following major components.
- A box cut and underground mining infrastructure including two rises (ventilation and emergency egress) to extract approximately 680,000t of economically recoverable copper-gold-silver ore and approximately 400,000t of waste rock to a depth of approximately 500m below surface.
- A surface infrastructure area, including a run-of-mine (ROM) Pad, laydown area, workshop and offices.
- A surface waste rock emplacement and mine water pond.
- An extension of the existing haul road from the North East Mine to transport ore material to the Tritton Copper Mine for processing along public and private roads.
- Ancillary surface infrastructure.
The Applicant continues to be one of the largest employers within the Bogan Local Government Area, providing up to 55 full-time equivalent positions, ultimately resulting in both direct and indirect financial contributions into the local communities, Bogan Local Government Area, the State of New South Wales and Australia. The Avoca Tank Mine will support the continued operation of the Company's existing processing facilities and replace the anticipated winding down of the North East Copper Mine and this mine reaches the final stages of operation and transition to rehabilitation.